Latest updates:
 
 

We hope you enjoy your visit here. Please join or login if you have joined before.

MT @ Facebook


Not logged in






Users online

41 guests

Welcome to our newest member, Slameron

So This Is Suffering - Palace Of The Pessimist

So This Is Suffering
Palace Of The Pessimist
by Andrej Romić (Nekrst Fanzine) at 16 July 2017, 10:08 AM

When it comes to Unique Leader Records, they are hands down my favorite Extreme Metal-oriented label ever, no contest. Every single release they put out is chosen with precision, care, and love. Seriously, 90% of what they release is totally a jam for me, and speaking of the other 10%, I don’t hate anything - I just want to make that clear - it’s just that some releases aren’t for me. I know this is such a bad stereotype, but when it comes to Deathcore, I am really picky. I can enjoy it, I can love it, but it really depends on how the band plays it and what elements they use. SO THIS IS SUFFERING has recently been added to this great label’s roster, thus releasing their brand new album called “Palace of the Pessimist”, and believe it or not, you’re going to love this album, maybe not adore it, but it’s pretty enjoyable, for the exact reason that I mentioned earlier – the genre mixes.

This band has put together a lot of things on this ten-song record, having some interesting artwork and song names, but I won’t waste too much time talking, let’s get right into the album instead. “Sleeper Hold” is more of an atmospheric song, adding slow elements with some guitar riffs in the beginning, which they keep on blasting for the first minute, with sharp breakdowns, brutal vocals, and pretty fast, technical riffs, which make this song pretty enjoyable, at least for me. The screams aren’t cringe-worthy and the growls are pretty on point and sharp. “Lecherous” is even more technical than the first song, but still in a way that is loyal to the Deathcore genre.

All the elements on here are pretty good, I like the overall technical guitar work, the nasty breakdowns, and the screaming the vocals also sound pretty good and reminded me of THY ART IS MURDER, FALLUJAH and INANIMATE EXISTENCE.

Give them a listen if you like those!

Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Memorability: 7
Production: 7

3 Star Rating

Tracklist:
1.Sleeper Hold
2.Lecherous
3.Xenomorphic
4.Palace
5.Columbine
6.Surveil
7.Muerte Bella
8.Portraits of Fixation
9.Dreameater
10.The Sum of all Fears
Lineup:
Rudy Flores - Vocals
Robert Brown - Guitar
James Williams - Bass
Zechariah Gamez - Drums
Record Label: Unique Leader Records
     


Rating

Unrated
You do not have permission to rate
Edited 24 September 2017
 

Metal Temple © 2000-2014
Yiannis Mitsakos

Designed, Implemented and Hosted by PC Green